Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mississippi Revisited

Jan 8: We are now in Louisiana heading west. We will stay in Layfayette, LA tonight. Last night we were in Hattiesburg, MS the site of my civil rights adventures 41 years ago. All the campgrounds were full because of FEMA and hurricane refugees so we stayed in the WallMart parking lot. This is the second time we have done that. The neat thing about “dry” camping at WallMart is that they have 24 hour security. There was one other RV and several over the road truckers.

We were in Birmingham, AL on Thursday night, all day Friday and Saturday morning. I was working at the Wynfrey Hotel and Helen caught up with her email and shopped. I checked the oil in the RV on Saturday and found that the oil filler cap was missing. So we went on a mission to replace it. We had to go to a Ford dealer where, thankfully, one was available. This morning when I checked the oil I found the cap. It was left in the engine compartment by the people who did my last oil change.

I resisted the temptation to wander the streets of Hattiesburg again. The past is the past. We got on the road, looking for Cajun country.

Raggles has been a bit of a pest. He does not want to be left alone. When I was working in Birmingham we left him in the car. He not only barked but he shit on our coats. We will have to find doggie day care in the future.

It is 74 degrees out and we are in short sleeves.

We have seen a lot of broken trees and broken billboards but otherwise little damage from the hurricanes. – Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home