Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Cave

Feb 9,2006
I was last at Carlsbad Caverns in April, 1964. That was the last time I drove across the country. At that time I was in college and I was driving a VW bug. There was me, two other guys and all our luggage for six months. And we fit in a bug about 10 feet long. Now I am traveling with one other person in a 37 foot RV towing a full size SUV. Times change.

And the caverns have changed. In 1064 the caverns had lots of water. There were many active stalagtites and stagmites. Now it is mostly dry. In 1964 I walked into the caverns on a one-mile ramp. This time I took the elevator.

But the caverns were beautiful. Really amazing.

One the way back to the campsite we picked up take out food and ate in the RV. The air was cold and the sky was very clear.

The dog is having problems breathing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home